7/03/2016

My Third Weekend

On Friday, I slept in until 11am, showered, ate lunch, and then Kayla and I worked on our business analytics excel project all afternoon. We got a good majority of it done but still need to finish it. Then at 5pm, we met up with Sam, Cassie, and Ariana to go to the Guinness storehouse for the tour at 6pm. We definitely did not leave early enough and think about rush hour traffic because we got there a half hour late. Fortunately, they said we could just use our tickets tomorrow or Sunday at whatever time we want. Then we decided to get dinner at The Brazen Head, the oldest pub in Dublin, since it was close by. There was great food, and I had a beef and Guinness stew with mushrooms and mashed potatoes. After we were done eating, we headed back to campus and got back at like 9:30pm.

On Saturday, I slept in until 10:30am, ate breakfast, showered, and met up with my Sam, Cassie, Ariana, and Kayla at 1pm so we could head to the Guinness Storehouse. We arrived at 2:30pm, and it was very crowded. We walked through the five floors, and my favorite part was the tasting room where they gave us a miniature pint of Guinness and taught us how to properly drink it. After we finished the five floors, we headed to the gravity bar where my friend Sam and I each got a half pint of Guinness. I thought it tasted okay but only drank half of it. Then we all took a taxi to The Living Room, a bar/restaurant to eat dinner and watch the Germany vs. Italy soccer game. Four of us split a pitcher of strawberry daiquiri, and I got a bacon cheeseburger and fries for dinner even though the bacon here is just ham. After we finished eating, we stayed and watched the game. Sam and I left at halftime because the score was still 0-0, and it was getting late. In the end, Germany won 1-0 on penalty kicks.

On Sunday, I slept in until 11am. Then I cooked penne pasta, meatballs, and sauce for lunch. After lunch, I met up with Sam, and we headed downtown to go shopping. First, we went to Carroll's gift shop where I bought a couple calendars. Then we went to Penney's, and I bought a pair of small light brown boots for only 17 euros. Everything in the store was so cheap. Afterwards, we went to Tesco to buy some groceries. The jars of pasta sauce were not fun to carry to the bus stop and back to my apartment. When I got home, I ate dinner, took a shower, and relaxed.












No comments:

Post a Comment