7/26/2016

My Sixth Weekend

On Saturday, I slept in until 11am, relaxed, ate lunch, and then worked on my internship video project. Then I headed into town to meet Erin. We got dinner and drinks at O'Donaghues, and I got stew and an Orchard Thieves. Afterwards, we met Fran, Cassie, Nick, and Kayla at the Porterhouse and walked to The Palace bar in Temple Bar, which had a lot of whiskey. I got a Jameson and cranberry juice, and then we walked to the Hairy Lemon, another bar. Cassie and Nick got food next door, and I had some of her Orchard Thieves. Then we walked to Cassidy's bar, but there wasn't live music, so we went next door to the Bleeding Horse, where I got another Orchard Thieves. When we finished our drinks, we took a taxi home. When I got home, I finished my video and went to bed.

On Sunday, I woke up at 7am, showered, and met Fran and Kayla. We got a taxi to Paddy Palace where we were getting the tour bus to Belfast and the Titanic museum. The bus ride was about two hours long. The Titanic museum was amazing, we saw the shipyard where the Titanic was built. The museum itself had nine different sections to go through from the history of Belfast and inception of the Titanic to the sinking and aftermath. It also had a 5-minute ride that described the building of the Titanic. We had two hours in the museum, and then we headed in Belfast city where we went to get a late lunch at Flame. I got a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a brownie with vanilla ice cream. Then we walked around Belfast city hall and got back on the bus. On the way back to Dublin, we stopped at Monasterboice for 15 minutes. We got back to Dublin at around 7:15pm and then headed back to UCD. Then Fran, Kayla, Cassie, and I booked a bunch of tours for London, and then I went to bed by 11pm because I was exhausted.



 Titanic Museum

 Where the Titanic was Built


 Part of the Ride



 Belfast City Hall

Monasterboise


No comments:

Post a Comment