7/23/2016

Internship Week 5

On Monday, I woke up at 6:15am, took a shower, and got on the 7:40am bus. I ate breakfast at work and was given a new project today. For this project, I had to identify and analyze trends from data of the past eight weeks from various departments. It took a long time to gather up the data into one spreadsheet, and I spent the afternoon making various graphs in Excel. Then I took the bus home and got home around 5:45pm. Once I got home, I ate dinner, relaxed, and showered. It was very hot today for Dublin at 77 degrees, and there is no air conditioning here. 

On Tuesday, I woke up at 6:15am, showered, got the 7:40am bus to work, and had breakfast at work as usual. In the morning, I continued working on the project from yesterday and finished right before lunch. After lunch, Ariana and I learned about a legal case and made copies of some of the files because there was a discovery order. We finished with that by at 4pm, and then our department was let out early at 4:30pm because it was such a nice day out. I got home by 5:20pm and did my laundry before the laundry room filled up. Afterwards, I ate dinner, took a showered, relaxed, and went to bed.

On Wednesday, I woke up a little later than usual, so I got the 8am bus. I was given a new project analyzing trends of financial needs reviews. I worked on that in the morning. Then we went to lunch and headed to the Grand Canal Square branch for a presentation from 1-3pm on digital innovation where they talked about how the branches should update their systems. After the presentation ended, we headed back to work for a little. After work, I headed to Temple Bar to meet up with Erin, one of my friends from high school I hadn't seen in a long time. She is doing an internship in Dublin as well and is staying in an AirBnB. We ate at the Trinity bar, and I got wings and a pint of Orchard Thieves. At around 7pm, I headed back to my apartment, relaxed, and went to bed.


On Thursday, I slept in until 8am, showered, and got the 9:10am bus to the College Green branch for a tour. It is the oldest operational bank in the world, being open since 1809. It was about a two-hour. We were shown a few rooms and told a lot of history. My favorite part was seeing the vault in the basement. Afterwards, we headed back to work, had our lunch break, and I continued working on my project. After work, I met Erin again, and we went to Dicey's because they had 2 euro pints and bottles. When we got there, I went to the bar and asked for a pint of Orchard Thieves. They told me there were free ones outside, so we headed out there and each got a free pint through some promotion. Then we ordered 5 euro burgers and chips, and I got another pint of Orchard Thieves. After that, we went to Howl at the Moon at around 8:15pm, and it wasn't very crowded. We had a couple drinks and left around 10:15pm. Once I got back, I went to the Clubhouse, the campus bar to meet my other friends and had another pint of Orchard Thieves. We left at around midnight, and then I went to bed because there was a big cultural event the next day, a strenuous hike in Glendalough and then see the Russborough House and sheep dog herding.


 Digital Innovation Presentation

Harp Bridge

Erin and I

Bank Vault

 Dicey's Garden


No comments:

Post a Comment