7/14/2016

Internship Week 4

On Monday, I got to work early, ate breakfast, and spent my morning helping Ariana finish up her half of the project. We finished before lunch and had lunch at 12:45pm. After lunch, Chris gave us a new project where we had to analyze a lot of data on an Excel spreadsheet and make pivot tables. From the pivot tables, we could create graphs. At first, it was very overwhelming as I didn't know how to begin, but we made a good start for the afternoon. After work, Ariana, Amelie, and I headed to Dicey's Garden, a bar, to celebrate Nick's 21st birthday. When we got there, we met up with Nick, Adam, Fran, Xin yu, and Cassie came later on. We stayed for about three hours and had a great time. All pints and bottles were only 2.50 euros, and I had two pints of Orchard's Thieves cider. We got back at 9:45pm, and then Nick, Ariana, Cassie, and I watched a couple episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia before going to bed.

On Tuesday, I got to work early as usual and ate breakfast. I spent the day working on our new project for Chris. Ariana and I made a ton of graphs, and I put them into a PowerPoint for senior management. After getting home from work, I cooked chicken, rice, and carrots for dinner, showered, relaxed, and went to bed because I was very tired.

On Wednesday, I ate breakfast at work. My morning started off at 9:15am by sitting in on the mortgage appeals board meeting. It was about two hours long, and they went over 10 cases. To my surprise, they did change their mind for some of the cases and said the bank was wrong in their initial decision. Afterwards, I worked on the project for about an hour before heading to lunch. After lunch, Ariana and I headed up to the 5th floor to the personal insolvency department where we learned about what their department does and observed for the afternoon. When I got home, I ate dinner and went for a walk, showered, and went to bed.

On Thursday, I woke up at 6:50am, got the 7:40am bus as usual, and ate breakfast at work. I worked on the project for Chris after he looked over our PowerPoint. For lunch, I had chicken, rice, potatoes, and green beans. After lunch, Ariana and I continued to work on the PowerPoint and then printed eight copies because we were presenting it at 4pm. It was a laid back presentation, and the senior management team was very impressed with our work. After the presentation was over, we got to leave early at 4:25pm and got the 4:45pm bus home. Once, I got home, I cleaned my room and finally vacuumed it for the first time since I've been here.





No comments:

Post a Comment