On Sunday, I slept in and woke up around 9:30am. Then I went to the gym, showered, cooked, ate some food, and relaxed. At 5:15pm, Cassie, Samantha, and I headed downtown to go to Penney’s. Everything in the store was so cheap, and I ended up buying eyeliner and body spray for five euros. After checking out, we headed to Cassidy’s on Camden St. and walked through Temple Bar, which was very lively. We stopped in the Temple Bar gift shop, which had a ton of great souvenirs like Dublin sweatshirts, t-shirts, Aran sweaters upstairs, jewelry, etc. I’ll definitely stop back there to buy some. We walked along Grafton Street as well to look for a place we could get dessert. We ended up going to Captain America’s, splitting a pizza, and getting dessert. I also got another Kopparberg mixed berry. Since it was getting late, and we had our first day of the internship the next day, we decided to head back to campus and go to Cassidy’s some other time.
6/21/2016
The First Weekend
Saturday morning was our last class until July 8th. Then we listened to TED Talks of UCD Business school alum that had either started their own company or were the CEO/manager of a company. They were all very inspiring and motivating. "What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?" was how the one speaker opened up her speech. After the talks were over, we explored the UCD Festival around campus and saw there were many UCD alumni with their kids enjoying the festival. They had a whole section of moon bounces, live music, a carousel, and other activities for kids, and international food tents with food for sale. We made our way to the free lunch of sandwiches for us and then a few of us went to the craft beer tasting event. There were five different types of beer: three lagers and two ales. I tried the first two and hated the first one so I gave it to my friend Chris. The second one was okay and had an interesting smell. Then Cassie and I ate some more sandwiches they had out, while the guys finished the beer tasting. After that ended, Cassie, Samantha, Kayla and I took the bus downtown to go to the National Leprechaun Museum and see a night tour. Unfortunately, when we got there, the tickets were sold out for the night, so we walked around and realized all the shops were already closed for the night at 7:30pm. We headed to O’Shea’s for some food and stopped at Carroll’s to look at souvenirs and a tourist desk for some brochures along the way. At O’Shea’s, Cassie and I had chicken doujon and chips. After we paid, we headed to Whelan’s for the live music. Whelan’s is a famous bar in Dublin because they shot scenes from the movie, P.S. I Love You there, and Ed Sheeran performed there in 2015. We watched a small band from Manchester perform a few songs and then took the bus back to campus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Sounds incredible!!
ReplyDelete