6/12/2016

Grocery Shopping

I slept in until about 10:30am and had a quick microwavable meal of chicken, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. I went with a group of eight girls to the Jervis Shopping Center downtown, so we could go to Tesco, a grocery store, and Penney's, a huge clothing store. We met up at 1:00pm, but the bus took awhile, and it was a long bus ride. I bought a lot of cheap food at Tesco, so I'm hoping I won't need to go back for two weeks. Then some of us went to Penney's to buy bath towels, but they only had beach towels. I also realized Penney's is Ireland's version of Primark, a UK store that has a few in the U.S. now. We also walked around the shopping center to Dunnes and T.K. Maxx, Ireland's version of T.J. Maxx, where we bought the bath towels. Afterwards, we met up with everyone else, took the bus back to campus, and got back around 5:30pm. Then I made penne pasta with tomato sauce for dinner and realized the kitchen doesn't have an a dishwasher, oven, or garbage disposal. It's more like a kitchenette with the tiny refrigerator and freezer compared to American standards. After I finished washing the dishes, I showered and relaxed for the night because orientation starts tomorrow morning at 9:00am in the business building. Overall, it was a good experience going grocery shopping for the first time, but I'll probably go to the closer Tesco next time to save some time.

*It also stays light out here for a really long time. The last picture is the view from my bedroom at 9:00pm





No comments:

Post a Comment