8/03/2016

The Last Week :(

On Monday, there was a bank holiday, so many stores were closed. I woke up at 9:30am, showered, cooked, and ate. Then I met up with Cassie, Kayla, and Sam to go downtown to get the Dart to Howth, a small island about a half hour from Dublin. We took the 1:40pm Dart, and when we got to Howth, we walked around the market and then began our hike around the island. We walked over an hour and a half, and when we realized there was still over an hour left, we cut up to the road and took the Dublin bus back to the start of our hike. Then we ate dinner at O'Connell's, and I had chowder and a chicken and bacon sandwich. After dinner, we took the Dart back to Dublin and a bus back to campus. We got back to campus at 8:30pm, and then I relaxed and went to bed.

On Tuesday, I woke up at 9am and went to my business analytics class from 10am-1pm, but we got out 45 minutes early. Then we had a lunch break until 2pm when we had our internship class for two hours. Then we got ready for our farewell dinner and got a uber to the Overends Restaurant in the Airfield Estate. We got there at 5:20pm, and I had a salad, chicken with mashed potatoes, and a Belgian chocolate brownie for dessert. The dinner ended at 8pm, and then we walked about an hour back to campus. When we got back to campus, I took a shower, started packing my suitcase to go home, and went to bed.

On Wednesday, I woke up at 9:20am and then went to class at 10am. We had our laid back presentations where we watched other student's internship videos. It was interesting to see everyone's experiences with their companies. There was free tea and coffee, and we had a half hour of class to conclude our program. Then we got our 20 euro deposits back from the cultural trips, and I went back to my apartment to eat lunch at 12:45pm. Afterwards, I took a nap, and Cassie, Sam, Kayla, and I met up at 4:30pm to go into town to eat dinner, get Murphy's Ice Cream, and shop for souvenirs. Since we haven't had Italian food for the past eight weeks, we wanted to try an Italian restaurant in Dublin and ended up eating Ciao Bella Roma. It was really good, and we got a deal because it was before 6pm. We got a starter and entree for 12.50 euros. I got bruchetta and spaghetti carbonara for dinner. Then we went to Murphy's Ice Cream where I got a scoop of chocolate and and a scoop of cookies. After we were finished, we went to the Temple Bar gift shop where I got three Aran scarves, and then we stopped in Starbucks where I bought a Dublin mug. Our last store was Carroll's, and I bought two t-shirts. Then we took the bus back to campus, I figured out what train Sam and I were taking to Galway tomorrow and then went to bed.

On Thursday, I woke up at 8am and showered. I met up with Sam, Cassie, and Kayla at 9:30am to take a picture by the UCD sign, and then Sam and I got a bus to Heuston Station to get a train to Galway. We caught the 11:25am train, and we got to Galway at 1:45pm. When Sam and I arrived, we went to the tourist office and then got a map and some brochures. We started off heading to Lynch's Castle, which is now an AIB. Then we had a late lunch at the Pie Maker, which all of my friends recommended. I had a beef pie with mashed potatoes and peas. Then we saw the Spanish Arch, did the Long Walk, saw the Claddagh Ring Museum, and the Galway City Museum. Afterwards, we went to the Tigh Fox Trad House, a traditional Irish music pub because they had live Irish music at 5:30pm. We stayed there until our train at 7:20pm since it was right next to the station, and I got an Orchard Thieves. We got back to Dublin around 9:45pm and then got a bus back to campus. Then I relaxed and went to bed.


On Friday, I slept in and packed just about everything in my suitcase. Then I showered and spent the last of my money on my UCard at Centra on a bag of chips and apple juice. I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow. At 3:30pm, I met up with Sam and took the bus into town one last time. We stopped into Carroll's where I got a small decorative plate with an Irish blessing on it. Then we went to the Temple Bar gift shop and Penney's. After that, we met Kayla and Cassie at Coco Bo, and I got a mini oreo milkshake. Afterwards, we walked to the Brazen Head and met up with Fran. We scouted out a table, and after 10 minutes, Kayla got one in the bar room. For dinner, Fran and I split wings, and I got beef and Guinness stew. We took a final picture and walked through the Temple Bar and down Grafton Street one last time before taking the bus home. When I got home, I was very tired so I went to bed


On Saturday, I woke up early because I couldn't sleep in, and I met up with Sam at 7:45am to help her to the bus stop because she had a lot of bags. Then I took a shower and completely packed my bags to leave. I got the 10:30am Aircoach to the Dublin Airport and got to the airport at 11:30am. Then I checked in, and my bag weighed 21.1kg or 46.5lbs. Afterwards, I went through security in 20 minutes and went to the tax free refund desk where they told me the refund will be on my card within four weeks. Then I bought a sandwich and a bag of chips for lunch, ate, and waited because I had about two hours until my flight departed at 2:40pm, and the gate wasn't going to be shown until 1:50pm. I got a window seat on the plane, and it was a short flight. When I arrived in London Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal, I was directed to the security for transfer flights and then to the United Airlines check-in desk where they gave me a new boarding pass. Then I was told to go to gate B31, which was very far from the check in desk. Shortly after I got there, I was told that the gate was changed to B47, so I waited there for about a half hour before boarding began. This was a much bigger plane than the Aer Lingus I was just on and United Airlines plane I took to Glasgow. The plane ride was 8 hours long, and I had an aisle seat. I watched Once and then Crazy Stupid Love. I had apple juice and a little bag of snacks. For dinner, I had chicken, spinach, and bread and butter, and for dessert, I had strawberry ice cream. Then I listened to music and took a nap. They woke us up about an hour and a half before we landed, and I filled out the US Border Protection card declaring what I was bringing into the country. Afterwards, they gave us each a warm turkey and cheese sandwich on a pretzel roll and a drink for what was supposed to be dinner, but it felt like 12:45am. I still ate it, and it was really good. We landed at 8:40pm, 25 minutes early but then waited to approach a gate. When we got off, we had to go through customs in the US, which took about 15-20 minutes. Then I got my luggage, which was one of last ones, met my mom at the arrival area, and waited for my dad and sister to pick us up. It was about an hour and 15 minute drive home, and I finally got home at 11:30pm, completely exhausted because it was 4:30am in Dublin. It was a very long day of travelling and a long day in general, 29 hours for me, but I'm glad to be home!













The Spanish Arch



 My last Beef and Guinness stew



No comments:

Post a Comment